Experienced and capable data scientist with a passion for transforming data into actionable and intelligible insight seeks a new opportunity. Focused on providing innovative and usable machine learning tools, custom algorithms, understandable dashboards, and documentation.
- Masters of Science in applied mathematics with program emphasis on large-scale data-driven numerical analysis of dynamic real-world problems.
- Advanced mathematical ability with expertise in computer-based solutions.
- Comprehension of tools, technologies and techniques used for sophisticated data science applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computational linguistics and mathematics.
- Extensive technical writing and documentation control expertise to manage data at every step of a process implementation.
- Experience in producing and presenting clear visualizations for both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Several years of teaching experience for diverse subjects including music theory, electrical systems, and college-level statistics, linear algebra, discrete mathematics and calculus.
- Designed analytics system to analyze ticket volume and system metric data in a managed services environment with proprietary machine learning, statistical, and mathematical tools using Python, MongoDB, Elasticsearch and AWS.
- Successfully corrected persistent problems with IBM electrical system data. Implemented transfer and verification tools using Python to present results, flag outliers, and trend system data.
- Record of success for completing difficult projects on time and within budget including complete production line update at Honda manufacturing plant, three-day build for custom made emergency Power Distribution Unit product, and more.
- Successfully reverse engineered and produced electrical schematics for two foreign-made drilling platforms to permanently solve severe and expensive reliability and documentation problems.
- Created documentation to assist facility in standardizing maintenance regime and regaining control of production substrates in a $15 million coating production environment that increased production, yield, and facility uptime.
- Experience with low and medium voltage AC and DC control electronics, Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Frequency Drives, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Power Distribution Units, emergency generator systems, electrical testing and programming equipment, as well as fabrication power tools. Certified as Method 9 Visual Emissions Observer by ETA and the State of Colorado.
- Python: numpy, scikit-learn, matplotlib, plotly, ...
- Elasticsearch: Kibana, Watchers, ILM, ...
- Pycharm, Visual Studio Code, Git, etc.
- Masters of Science: Applied Mathematics
Washington State University, 2014
- Engineering Certificate
Shoreline Community College, 2010
- Bachelors of Arts: Language-Applied Mathematics
The Ohio State University, 2007
- Music Composition and Performance
Antioch College, 1996-1998